|Residential and Commercial Building Permit Applications||| Print ||
City of Summersville Residential and Commercial Building Permits 400 N. Broad Street – P. O. Box 525 Summersville, WV 26651 (304) 872-1211
Building Permit Cover Sheet
To Obtain a Building Permit the Following Items are Required:
1. Application filled out COMPLETELY.
2. If new home: 1 set of construction drawings (for performing plan reviews)
3. If commercial: 2 sets of construction drawings mailed or delivered to City of Summersville Recorder’s Office.
4. Must submit photocopy of WV Contractor’s License, Liability Certificate of Insurance and Compliance of Workers Compensation.
5. Additional forms regarding notification of asbestos renovation, demolition or abatements.
6. Allegheny Power Co. work request number must accompany all requests for electrical inspections.
7. All fees paid (see attached fee schedule).
2. Underground Plumbing
5. Rough-In Framing
6. Rough-In Plumbing
7. Rough-In Mechanical
8. Rough-In Electric
9. Temporary Electrical
10. Electrical Service
12. Setup (Singlewide & Doublewide mobile home)
13. Final Electrical
14. Final Building
Note – The inspector may stop at any time during normal working hours.
To Schedule an Inspection You Must Have the Following Information When You Call:
1. For inspection call : Rob Stone, Residential & Commercial Inspector: (304) 575-0255
Leonard Price, Electrical Inspector: (304) 673-9797
2. Permit Number
3. Type of inspection required
Note – Inspections will be done within 48 hours, no appointments will be made. No inspections will be scheduled without the above information. All inspections must be called in before Noon for a next working day inspection.
400 North Broad Street – P. O. Box 525
Summersville, WV 26651
Application for Building Permit
City of Summersville
Contractor’s License No.:__________________________________________________________
B. Building Location:
C. Type of Improvement D. Proposed Use of Structure: E. No. of Off
New Building Residential Enclosed
Addition One Family Outdoor Remodeling Two or More Non-Residential
Description of Work:
F. Frame Type: Masonry Wood Structural Steel Reinforced Concrete Other
G. Sewage Type: City Private Must have Photocopy of Health Dept. Permit.
H. Type of Water: City Private Must have Photocopy of Health Dept. Permit, if Private.
I. Type of Heat: Gas Electric Other: .
J. Type of Mechanical: Central-electic Central-gas Other: .
K. Dimensions: # of Stories: Sq. Ft. House: __Sq. Ft. Basement:_______.
Sq. Ft. of Garage: Sq. Ft. Commercial or Industrial: _______________.
L. Residential Building: Number of Bedrooms: Number of Full Baths: . Number of Partial Baths: Total Number of Rooms: .
M. Costs: Estimated Costs: $ Permit Fee: $ .
Applicant certifies by signature that he/she/agent has the authority of make this application and that all information is correct to the best of his/her/agent knowledge. I understand that all work must comply with the WV State Building Code and all other applicable State and Local laws, ordinances and regulations. I certify that I am authorized to grant, and do in fact grant permission to the local zoning officer and the local building inspector and his agents, to enter on the property noted on this permit for the purpose of these inspections.
I furthermore certify I have received copies of the State and Federal Asbestos regulations and I understand that I am fully responsible for being in compliance with these regulations.
Date:_____________________ Applicant Signature:____________________________________